Monday 21 April 2014

Resident Evil 7 Wishlist

Firstly, are they even making a Resident Evil 7?

I heard they may announce one at E3 this year, so I'm getting my hopes up. As another short entry, I thought I'd do a wish list of little things I would like to see in the new game, both from a gameplay and character perspective.

Firstly, I would like to see Jill Valentine back:
   Jill was my favourite from the original trilogy, but she barely appears anymore compared to Chris and Leon. She was like the Ellen Ripley of Resident Evil, and it has felt odd not playing as her.

The addition of infection dangers:
   Resident Evil: Outbreak did this to a certain extent, but I would like to see it expanded upon. Maybe depending on the severity of a zombie bite, even the common zombies could reduce you to the POISON state from early titles (like Webspinners and Ivy used to be able to). This would prompt the player to seek an antidote before they slowly die from their infection.

Limited ammo:
   Not much to say here, other than I feel ammo conservation and running away sometimes should be a serious gameplay mechanic, especially on hard.

No bodies melting on death:
   Why? see below...

Possibility of bodies raising after dead:
   Crimson Heads were badass, and unexpected. I had no clue they were a thing until I was deep into Resident Evil's REmake for the Gamecube, and they made for exhilarating gameplay at times, and made the zombies a bigger threat than usual.

More puzzle items and sections:
   What set Resident Evil apart from basic shooters early on was its puzzles. These days Resident Evil is indistinguishable from other over the shoulder shooters like Gears of War gameplay-wise. Puzzles are welcome back in my books.

If there's a final boss, don't make it a mutated bad guy of the series. I honestly find it annoying when the main bad guys happen to turn into giant unstoppable monsters rather than just normal zombies. The Tyrant didn't have to. Nemesis didn't have to, and William was a mutant the entire game so he doesn't count.

An all female team:
   Resident Evil 6 had an all-guy team, and two mixed teams. If this game has more than one story, there should be at least one all female story, if not two. Besides any new characters, there are many female characters to choose from, including Jill, Claire, Rebecca, Ada, Ashley, Sherry, Helena, Sheva or anybody from a spinoff game. A grown-up Sherry teaming with Claire for instance would make for a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment